Finding your engagement session style is one of those things you really don’t need to be stressed about. The key is to look inward and to consider your current life habits, hobbies and interests. From there, you’ll be able to find your engagement session style and incorporate it into your photographs seamlessly. When you book your wedding with Amanda Oakes Photography, we’ll work together to create just the right engagement session style and location that suits you as a couple the very best.
Here are a few things to consider when we’re finalizing your details.
- Think about your respective, and shared, hobbies and passions. For example, do you both love music? Or is cooking every night something you always do together? Maybe you love to go to the baseball diamond.
- Your respective professions can definitely contribute to your engagement session style. Is he a firefighter? A scientist? A farmer? Is she a chef? A kindergarten teacher? A geologist? Whatever the case may be, incorporate your professional lives into your photographs. Maybe it’s as simple as a chalkboard, a hay bale, or a chef’s hat.
- Are you into sports? Show some team spirit in your photographs with jerseys, sports equipment or something similar.
- What’s your favorite kind of music? Are you both country lovers? Maybe you’re more into the classical music scene. Don’t be afraid to dress the part.
- Where do you feel like you’re really in your element? Is it outdoors at your favorite park? In the museum perusing the art? Or maybe you love the buzz of a colorful city.
- What always makes you two laugh or have fun? Maybe it’s a board game, or a visit to the fair or circus.
These are just some of the things that can bring inspiration when you’re finding your engagement session style.
Check out the images below for some ideas as well. Enjoy, and happy wedding planning!
Make sure to check out my other blog post on Tips to Select Your Wedding Photographer.
Amanda Oakes Photography is a custom portrait photographer in the Quad Cities that specializes in family and children photography, engagement and wedding photography, maternity and newborn photography as well as high school senior portraits. This includes photography services in the Moline, IL, Rock Island, IL, Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, Muscatine, IA and the greater Quad Cities area.