Spring is definitely on it’s way here in the Quad Cities, and I’m so excited to gear up for those gorgeous outdoor family portrait sessions.
I’ve gone ahead and put together a list to provide you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session. Listed below are the 5 Tips for Preparing for Your Spring Session.
- Wear layers. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to over heated in a matter of minutes. I always suggest wearing layers — tank top, tee shirt, cardigan, scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see fit and remain comfortable throughout the session
- Location is a big deal. You better believe we’re going to take advantage of the fresh, warm air and all those buds popping up from the ground and in the trees. Since certain areas around the Quad Cities seem to beautify a little faster than others, we’ll scout out the very best landscapes for that particular time for you. I have several different locations to use, so we’ll pick the right spot that suits your style.
- Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family’s outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. I recommend choosing a color theme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting. I have tons of Pinterest boards that can provide some inspiration for you. Check them out here!
- Accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. They can be of contrasting colors to pull all the different shades of colors from everyone’s clothing choices or simply provide a pop of color to your outfit.
- Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
Make sure to message me right away to book your session as dates are already starting to become limited!
Amanda Oakes Photography is a custom portrait photographer in the Quad Cities that specializes in family and children photography, engagement and wedding photography, maternity and newborn photography as well as high school senior portraits. This includes photography services in the Moline, IL, Rock Island, IL, Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, Muscatine, IA and the greater Quad Cities area.
Great tips and wonderful photos!
These images are beautiful. Spring is definitely a favorite season on mine.
Thank you! Me, too!
Great tips, and such beautiful images! Love the little girl’s blue eyes.
Thanks! And isn’t she so cute!
These are great tips!
Great tips and great images!
I’ll take whatever tips you’re dishing, because I can tell they work, as your photography is stunning!
Ahhhh….Thank you! I appreciate that!
Great tips and beatiful fresh, spring family photos!
Thanks! Yes, the weather is finally getting nicer around here. I can’t wait for spring sessions!
Thank you very much!
Gorgeous images of beautiful families!