The best part of being a Quad Cities Newborn Photographer is capturing these special moments for families that are timeless and forever treasured. I’m so excited to share this blog post with you today about this sweet newborn baby girl. She was a dream baby at just 6 days old! She slept almost her entire session, and was so good even when she was awake for some of it.
This sweet baby girl is part of my Grow With Me Premium Package. This entails a maternity session, newborn, 6 month, and 1 year session. Her parents were amazing to work with for their maternity session. They were both so relaxed; I just knew they would make great parents from that first time we met during the session.
The day I got the text from them that she had arrived, I was so excited! I couldn’t wait to snuggle her up! These were certainly some proud parents when they arrived at the studio as they were beaming with smiles from the joy of this incredible newborn baby girl. And I can completely understand why! Isn’t she so precious!
We started out with the most gorgeous shots of baby and parents. I’m in love with the way these turned out! Then we moved into her individual pictures, and she was so good! She slept like a champ! She was so relaxed and content as I molded her gently in my hands to form the most delicate and beautiful poses. She’s absolutely darling!
Check out some of my favorite images from their session below, and make sure to message me if you or someone you know is expecting! I’d love to chat!
When it comes to booking your session, there are a lot of questions about how this the process works. Since your new little peanut isn’t here yet, it’s hard to figure out a schedule, so here is what I suggest:
- Contact me during the end of your 2nd trimester or beginning of your third trimester to discuss the different packages and schedule a date for your maternity session or simply get your due date added to the calendar. I offer several different plans from maternity only, maternity + newborn, newborn only, and the most popular – Grow With Me Premium Package.
- I require the session fee to be paid on whichever package you select to hold the date for you or add your due date to my calendar.
- Maternity sessions are best to be done when you are feeling your best…32-36 weeks is typically when I like to schedule them.
- Newborn sessions are best suited during the first 14 days after birth. This means that we will schedule the session for sometime within 2 two weeks after the baby’s arrival. I typically try to stay 10 days and under, but I understand sometimes things don’t always go as planned and that’s ok! These tiny little bundles of joy are usually in control whether we like it or not!
- Keep in contact with me as your pregnancy comes to a close, so I can make sure everything is prepared for your session. After the baby is born, give me a call or shoot me a message so I can make sure to make a date available that will work for both of us.
- Check out my Maternity & Newborn Guide to find out more details about the sessions, collections, and prints & products I offer.
Enjoy the pictures…They are sure to make you smile and melt your heart! And a BIG thank you to this family for allowing me the opportunity to work with you for each of these milestones in your Grow With Me Package. It means the world to me!
Amanda Oakes Photography is a Quad Cities newborn and family photographer who also specializes in children photography, engagement and wedding photography, and maternity photography. This includes photography services in the Moline, IL, Rock Island, IL, Davenport, IA, Bettendorf, IA, Muscatine, IA and the greater Quad Cities area.